Once you arrive at this village, you can quickly observe that it is ready to welcome you. Being one of more mature community-based tourism village, Prom Lok locals love to host travelers from around the world. Their hospitality is the best of the best and their natural resources are unbeatable.
Prom Lok community is situated next to Khao Luang National Park, which is part of the oldest ecosystem on earth featuring an exceptional diversity of species and richness of natural resources. People in Prom Lok grow rambutan, mangosteen, minusops, durian, and rubber, in ‘suan som rom’ mixed orchards. The Prom Lok Community Based Group was established in 2007 and it has become one of the strongest and most successful in Thailand.
- Bike in the neighborhood or take the scenic route through natural treasures.Visit local farming experts and learn how you can plant similar fruits at your own home
- Pick fruits right off the trees or forage for herbs
- Create your very own Batik artwork in a local led workshop
- Make a serene trip to the spectacular Prom Lok Temple built in 1782, observe the Buddhist fresco paintings that still remain on the cave walls
- Enjoy a fun filled time by the Prom Lok Waterfall
- Party with locals while watching the vibrant Southern Manora dance by youths
- Get to know the local elders, pick their mind, absorb their wisdom -- Language is not a barrier
- Four total meals and beverages
- Homestay accommodation with local host family (5 ps. per each room)
- Basic activities fees (bicycle riding, trekking to waterfall, Batik workshop)
- Local Guidebook by Local Alike
- Transportation within the Prom Lok Community
- Accidental coverage insurance
- Local community guide (English speaking)
- Southern Style Manora Dance (90 USD per show)
- Pick-up and drop-off from major Chiang Mai points of interests (extra fees)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Repeat of certain activities
- Additional meals
- Additional stays
- Cell Service
- Mosquito Net
- Electricity (220V)
- Hygiene Essentials Kit
- Comfy Mattress
- Seated Toilet
- Shared Bathroom
- These are suggested activities within the community. The guideline itinerary can be subject to change or switch due to weather, access, local events, guests’ fitness and time management. Substitute indoor activities will be provided if the main outdoor activities cannot run properly
- All additional activities are not included in the standard package price. Additional cost as listed will be charged.
- Travel insurance is compulsory in order to participate in a Local Alike trip, therefore we include it in our standard package.
- Community based tourism is highly flexible and these are merely suggested things to do. Talk to us and let us know how we can help you craft your once-in-a-lifetime experience at Prom Lok Community.
- This community gets very lively during Thai holidays like Songkran or New Year and may not be suitable for those seeking a quiet getaway.
Meet Meet Suda, Nuni, and Sao, our field expert.
This trio of girls who manage tourism within their community. Three of them have different jobs but they all agree to bring CBT to their community so that their home will become well-known and developed. They coordinate between tourists and local people and also work as local tour guides. The work makes these girls more confident to speak English.
Pick-up and drop-off point
Additional pick up from
Nakhon Si Thammarat bus station or Nakhon Si Thammarat airport
Pick up from the Nakhon Si Thammarat main bus station or airport.
Arrive at Prom Lok Community to smiling faces of your host and local guides. Not to mention a table full of Southern Thai food, seasonal tropical fruits, and herbal drinks.
Trekking to the Prom Lok Waterfall
Trek up towards the fourth terrace of the stunning Prom Lok Waterfall. It’s regarded as one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful waterfall.
Feel the freedom to express at Prom Lok! The Batik workshop lets you create your one and only cloth with help from local artists.
Southern Thai Dinner
Sample the local home cooked cuisine from the ladies of Prom Lok Community. If you’re not too tired from the trek, feel free to head into the kitchen and learn a few recipes from the masters themselves!
Classic Manora Acrobatics (Additional)
Enjoy the authentic colorful Southern Thai performance during dinner.
Grab a Bicycle and Let’s Explore
Let a local guide take you through the Prom Lok Community and its surrounding areas. There are mushroom farms, rubber plantations, mixed orchards, and so much more. Don’t forget to stay safe because Thai traffic can be quite hectic!
The Sacred Cave of Prom Kiri
Discover the masterpiece of Southern Thailand hidden inside the Prom Kiri Mountain.
Leave behind lasting memories and feel inspired by the local Prom Lok way of life. Exchange contacts and be sure to send back photographs and postcards. The ladies who run the community based tourism program at Prom Lok are all ears when it comes to feedback of your experience -- so let them know about your stay!